Now, let me make it clear that I absolutely miss PA, and love my Merrymead Farm and Willow Creek orchards - I'm loyal to both - along with all the great fall stuff there is to do around there. Nothing will replace home. However, this pumpkin patch was great and one of the best I've ever been to. And we didn't even go on a Sat. Apparently, then they have live music, pony rides, and a carousel. But we had a great time riding the train, going on a hayride, seeing the many cornstalk mazes (complete with a special "Dora" one), and picking out our pumpkins.
I'll let the pictures do most of the talking - and I apologize for the amount of pictures - please forgive me. This will be similar to my sister-in-law's posts (love you dee dee) :)
*the kids by one of the many scarecrow families*
the 2 boys with their hot chocolate*
*the girls with their cups of goodness (mine was a little more good though)*
*ready to go on the awesome hayride!*
*the hayride had music playing on it and was narrarated with what we were seeing the whole time!*
*first we went through the fields of pumpkins, then the fields of sunflowers.... all while the sun was starting to set behind the mountains... (and lucky for you, most of my pics on the hayride came out fuzzy because it was bumpy... or else there would have been even more pics)*
*this was the best part (and funny): the narrarator started saying, "and now, get your cameras ready to see the highlight of our ride.... blah blah blah...." and literally, the music swelled just in time for us to turn the corner and see this huge field of marigolds with these huge (fake) butterflies scattered throughout. The pictures don't really do justice - but it was really pretty and so funny how it was "choreographed."*

*little mia's nose was pretty rosy at this point. I was about to take a warm hat with me, and thought "nah, it won't be that cold..." oops.*
*cuddles!*

*afterwards, it was time to go to the pumpkin patch to get some pumpkins (well, just one, and 2 mini white ones, my fav, - love those little guys). We're pretty much the only ones who will see them!*
*precious kids*
*nolan found the perfect pumpkin for us! short, fat and with a long stem - just how I like 'em :)*



*cute daddy-daughter moment. mia loves it when Jon leans her back and holds her almost upside down*

We took a ton more pictures, so I tried to pic my favorites - hope you enjoyed and hope you're enjoying your fall!
7 comments:
What a beautiful day! So glad you get to enjoy your favorite season in PA style... pumpkin patches and hot drinks! xoxo
AND congrats on selling the house, officially!!
Sounds like so much fun. I just love fall stuff especially now with kids. It gives us a good excuse to go out and play.
That place is amazing! We went apple picking and did a little pumpkin picking the other day but it is nothing compared to that place. We are going to another place tomorrow but I have a feeling that the hayride won't be narrated and choreographed. Haha! That is funny!
Oh and NEVER apologize for too many pictures! I loooove seeing pictures! I remember when I got to that age in elementary school when there weren't pictures anymore in the books you had to read and I just thought that was a bummer. Plus you always take such amazing photos! I love to see what you come up with! We try our best but we don't have that photographic eye like yours!
Oh, by the way you better get prepared because I will have such a huge post after tomorrow's events! Lots of pictures have been taken and will be taken tomorrow and posted from this weekends events. Haha! It's going to be a long one!
oops... that was me not Josh!
oh those are fabulous pictures! looks like you all had a lovely time. love the one of train with the mountains in the background. california is such a beautiful place.
Looks like you had a wonderful day! Fall is such a fun time of the year!
J-e-a-l-o-u-s. Oh MAN, you have no idea.
Post a Comment